Thursday, March 11, 2010

What are we doing?

OK, so I know I told you about the book that I read, Crazy Love, and it definitely asks some very tough questions. 

Like are we getting too comfortable? 

Are we doing what God is really telling us to do?

And this one really got me, Do we take the bible literally?  Ummm,  yea!   I mean I believe everything that is in the bible so of course I take it literally, right?  Well, by my actions, I don't.  Why am I not doing more for my neighbors, and for the  needy?  

I have to tell you that if you think you're doing enough, don't waste your time reading that book, because you might get your feelings hurt.   When was the last time I did something for someone who I knew could never repay me?

Ouch!

Don't get me wrong, I am not an awful, selfish person.  But that is exactly how I felt when I realized there is so much more that we could do.  So much.

It's not enough to just go to church and make your offering, God wants more, so much more, and if we would only give it to him we would be rewarded.

So, what are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment