Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Trustworthy

Many people claim to be loyal,
   but it is hard to find a trustworthy person.  
Proverbs 20:6

Do you find this to be true?

Sometimes we are so focused on what other people think, that we may do something that could hurt someone else.  Maybe it's not intentional, but when someone hurts you, it just plain hurts.  

Some times people will put someone else done to help themselves to look better.  The older I get the more I stay away from people who like to gossip.  I am sure you know people like this, they can tell you something about everybody.  I have to admit I usually just stand there and listen, but I wonder what would happen if I actually had the guts to say anything.  I would imagine I wouldn't be too popular.

I suppose I am weak or maybe just plain scared.  Let's face it, even when something may be the right thing to do, most of the time it is the hardest thing to do.

Even the birds in the sky
 know the right times to do things.
The storks, doves, swifts, and thrushes
 know when it is time to migrate.
But my people don't know
 what the Lord wants them to do.
   Jeremiah 8:7

1 comment: