Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Trusting

We talk so much about trust.  We talk about how we trust our friends, we trust our spouses, and we trust our family members.  I wonder why it is so easy for us to trust other people, yet we have a hard time really trusting God.

I mean, let's be honest.  I know that someone has let you down at some point in your life.  Be it a friend, or someone you cared for.  Everyone has had something like that to happen, and while it's painful for us to think about, let's look at it from God's perspective.  

The bible tells us that people will let us down.  But God never will. 


It's easy for us to trust God when things are going good, but as soon as something bad happens, fear takes over.  We may feel that God has deserted us, or is punishing us for something we did wrong.  Whatever the reason we feel let down.  But God isn't letting us down, maybe this is when he's seeing how much we really trust him.  

No job, depend on God.  

No money, depend on God.

Alone, depend on God.

All that is easy to say when I am working, and have a family.  But life is not perfect, even when it may seem like it.  All families have problems of some kind.  Everyone has worries, and we all feel alone at some point in our lives.  But we have to seek God and trust him.  

He can get us through whatever we are going through.

When I am afraid, I will trust you.
I praise God for his word.
I trust God, so I am not afraid.
What can human beings do to me?   Psalm 56  3,4

No comments:

Post a Comment