Monday, March 22, 2010

Staying focused

Sometimes, in our every day lives, it is easy to get distracted away from what is really important.  For example, I have teenagers and their lives can be pretty hectic.  If I don't make us set aside time for us as a family, or just so that they get a break from activities, then we would be running around somewhere different every night.

And I will be honest, my kids don't do that much.  School and sports, that is pretty much it.  One sport per child even, yet we don't have a lot of time.   As a matter of fact, because my kids do a lot of things with us (as a family), I have heard some not very nice comments about them.  

This is where staying focused comes in.  The world will tell us one thing when the bible tells us something completely different.  If we could only teach kids that what people think of them is not near as important as what God is thinking then the world would be a better place.

The things you should want most is God's kingdom and doing what  God wants.  Then all these other things you need will be given to you.
Matthew 6:33

1 comment:

  1. You, my dear, are an inspiration! I am so happy I found your blogs. You and always pray for me and mine! Every prayer counts!!
    Love,
    Lynnette

    ReplyDelete